Friday, May 13, 2011

Silk Rose Hair Pin

A sweet and understated hair pin.

You might just recognize the blue silk from the post I did on creating a silk flower headband. You might also recognize the rose from the post I did on adding flowers to a plain bag. I made a ton of those flowers. Well, this is a Super Simple way to use up one of those flowers.


Ingredients:
  • Fabric flower
  • Bobby pin
  • Hot glue gun & glue stick

The ingredients. Turns out the scissors weren't necessary.

I picked up a pack of metallic bobby pins at a dollar store for, you guessed it, a dollar. I picked the pewter color because I thought it went well with the blue rose.

Making this hair pin is really as simple as this: insert the bobby pin into the back of the flower & secure it with a drop of glue. Ta-da!

The back.

Finished!
 
The hair pin got the Zara Seal of Approval: a big smile and an "Oh, thank you, Mommy!"

I was very surprised at how well the pin stayed in Zara's hair. Her hair is very fine and silky and doesn't hold hair accessories very well at all. And it really is so cute that I just might have to make myself one.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...