Monday, May 16, 2011

Makeover Monday: Stripey Earrings

What's black and white and shiny all over? My made-over earrings!

So, turns out there's such a thing as being too clean. I had these silvery (and inexpensive) hoop earrings that I had cleaned a bit too much (hydrogen peroxide). The earrings' finish almost completely came off. So not cute! Most people would have tossed them, but seeing as I'm me, I kept them. And then painted them. Did you honestly expect me to do anything else?


Ingredients:
  • Hoop earrings
  • Paint
  • Permanent marker
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint brush

I applied two thin coats of white acrylic paint, letting them dry thoroughly in between.

Paint 'em.

Then I drew on the stripes with a permanent marker. I didn't get them too perfect on purpose. I just think they're cooler that way.

Stripe 'em.

I then sealed them with a quick coat of Mod Podge. Any clear sealer would work. I just happen to always have a huge jar of Mod Podge around. I really love that stuff. More drying time!

Seal 'em.

Finished!

Wear 'em.

I really love how they turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...