Hello, spring, indeed!!!
I don't know about you, but winter was rough. I stayed sick, so was really, really, REALLY not into blogging. I'm trying to get back into the groove. (Anyone else now have Madonna stuck in your head? No? Just me? Well, alrighty, then.) At the end I'll do a quickie review of the bags I missed due to illness (and other things).
Let's get to the goodies. That's why you're here, right?
1. Me me me Loose Powder Brush - This brush is super soft and is shaped perfectly for blush and contour. It's described as a loose powder brush, but I like a much bigger brush for that.
It has an oval shape that works so well for blush and contour. I like a soft contour. I don't tend to do sharp lines, so this is perfect for me. This brush hasn't shed a bit. I'm really loving it.
(Value $20.00 /£14.00)
2. Vera Mona Lotus Eyeshadow in Clover - I thought I had never heard of this company before until I was poking around their website. Vera Mona is the company that makes the Color Switch tool. It knocks dry powders (such as eyeshadow) off of brushes so that you can continue to use that brush without having to wash it. Confused yet? Go check it out. It looks pretty cool. I might get one. I'll let you know how that goes if I do.
Anyway, apparently they've branched out into actual makeup. One eyeshadow palette. More like a twig than an whole branch, but it's a start. It's an excellent start. I was so impressed with this sample.
The pigmentation was impressive. I loved the pinky-peachy-golden shade. (My color descriptions are so good makeup companies should totally hire me.)
(Full palette value $32.99. Sample value $2.00*)
*I deducted the price of the brush and the Color Switch included in the palette, and then divided by 8.
3. Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold - I've really enjoyed everything I've received from Pixi. This blush/highlighter is no exception.
The blush is a subtle, perfect for everyday, go with anything pink. I think that if your skin tone is much deeper than mine, it might not show up very well. That highlighter kicks things up a notch (or twenty). That highlighter is no joke. It's not here to play. It means serious business. I'm in love! I mean, come on! Look at that gold!
(Full set value $18.00. Sample value $13.00)
4. NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Pink Lust - Now you know I love me some NYX! I was so excited to get this liquid lipstick in my bag. NYX rarely ever lets me down. I've tried many of their other lip products but hadn't had a chance to get this one yet.
Another thing I didn't expect is that it's not transfer-proof. Seven minutes (weird, I know) after swatching it on my hand, it still smudged. That being said, it lasted forever on me. I didn't really need to touch-up after dinner. All I had to do was smoosh (yes, that's the technical term) my lips together to redistribute the product. Again, no big deal. To be completely fair, NYX never claimed that it was long-lasting or transfer-proof. Just saying. Also, if you're affected by scents, this doesn't smell like anything, really. I'll definitely pick up more the next time I'm at Ulta.
5. Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream - Marc Anthony is another brand that doesn't let me down. This was a pretty good smoothing cream. I have thick, wavy hair that can resemble Mufasa's majestic mane in humid weather, so I go through a lot of smoothing cream. I'd buy a full size of this one. Enough said?
(Full size value $8.99. Sample value $2.25)
The bag - I really like this bag. The color combo is unexpected. I like the stylized rose print.
Total value - $44.25
As I said before, I haven't blogged in ages because I spent the entire winter sick. Also, I then got busy...and then I got out of the habit. Yeah...anywho. I thought I'd let you get a peek at the bags I never got to review along with some quick reviews.
- Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer - Too creamy. Doesn't stay in waterline.
- Luxie Beauty Flat Definer Brush 221 - Love it! Great for lining eyes and filling in brows.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil - Pretty good. Doesn't make makeup stick around longer or fill in pores, but it's hydrating.
- Jersey Shore Cosmetics Vanilla Bean Anti-aging Lip & Hand Polish - Smells like cookies. Oil tends to separate, so you need to massage the tube (that sounds bad) before opening. I enjoy using this one.
- Jor'el Parker Eau so Divine - Sophisticated. It's what I wear when I want to pretend to be an adult for the day.
- The bag - Sooooo adorable that it's still on my dresser as decoration.
- theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) in Jack B. Bronze - Great pigmentation. Beautiful color.
- Mitchell and Peach English Leaf Body Cream - Smells so good! Absorbs quickly.
- Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes CURL - This is pretty good. Can be built up. Left my lashes fluttery like a fairy's. I suppose. Not sure I've ever met a fairy besides Tinkerbell at Disney World. She had some really good lashes. I have naturally curly lashes, so I can't attest to the CURL claim.
- Hey Honey Skincare Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid - Very hydrating. Impressed.
- City Color Cosmetics Eyeshadow Trio in Falling Leaves - Great pigmentation. Loved it.
- The bag - Cute. I like the Pop Art look.
- Peony Cosmetics Shadow Trio - I was pretty pleased with this. Good color payoff.
- AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Lotion - Absorbed quickly. No greasy feeling.
- Pacifica Power Of Love Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red - Beautiful color. Not at all red, actually. Comfortable on lips. Satin finish. Smells like vanilla Play-Doh. The packaging is so cute!
- Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer - It did it's job. It's pale pink and covers the discoloration on my eyelids. Eyeshadow lasted all day without creasing.
- Marc Anthony Hair Care Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment - This smells so good and left my hair so soft. I need to pick up some the next time I'm at Ulta.
- The bag - Loved this one! The pull is lip-shaped!!!
Wow that was a lot! Did you make it this far?!? Bless your heart!
If you're interested in signing up, ipsy is a $10/month customizable beauty subscription service. Click here for my referral link (I get points) or just go to ipsy.com to check it out.