How's your summer? Mine went fast! The kiddo started back to school Monday and I've bought my first pumpkin scented candle, so that must mean it's autumn. Ipsy must agree, because this month's theme is Prep School. I liked everything this month, but I liked some things more than others. So, in order of favorite to least favorite, here's what I got and what I thought.
1. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in Elegantly Wasted - I'm so in love with this nail polish! It's by a brand I had never heard of before, so I'm so thrilled to be able to try this one out. It's almost a one-coater and Elegantly Wasted is such a beautiful greyed-out purple. It's a color I would buy myself.
The brush is just the traditional skinny brush. The formula coats evenly and dries quickly. It's 5-free, cruelty-free, and vegan. And the packaging is fabulous. Love! I painted my nails Thursday evening and as of now (Tuesday), I have only one small chip and some wearing on the tips. I'm thrilled with that. I'm so hard on my manicures, I feel lucky to get maybe two days without significant chipping. I used this with Gelous as a base and top coat.
2. Skone Cosmetics Luxe Doubler Eye/Lip Pencil in Wine - The idea behind this pencil is intriguing. It's an eye and lip pencil. Together. In one product. I had a hard time wrapping my head around that one. As a lip pencil, it went on smoothly and lasted well past lunch before I felt like I needed to touch-up. I love wearing wine lip colors for autumn.
As an eye pencil, well, it doesn't set on its own. It stays creamy and if you have watery eyes (like I do), that could be an issue. It looked beautiful, but there was some wear at the end of the evening.
I think I'll stick to wearing it on my lips. Bonus tip: to avoid eye infections, sharpen it between uses. I just feel like going from mouth to eye could be a problem. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds a bit sketchy. Sharpen it and you should be fine.
3. noyah Natural Lipstick in Desert Rose - This lipstick is pretty good. It's not long-lasting, but it doesn't claim to be. It smells like unscented lipstick, which I know sounds weird. It's just that waxy scent that's not much of anything. The color payoff is good. It's richly pigmented.
|Won't you come |
into the garden?
I would like my roses
to see you.
~Richard Brinsley Sheridan
(Full size $18.00, Sample size $4.50)
4. La Fresh Group Good Night. Night Cream - I've tried the eco-beauty good day cream before and loved it. This size of packaging took me two or three weeks to get through before and I'm still working on the night cream. I love that that gives me time to decide how I really feel about it. The scent is so light and the formula is very hydrating. The important this is that it doesn't make my skin break out. So, yay! I also love the fact that the packet has a nozzle and cap. It's perfect for travel. You can get the day cream in this travel size, but not the night cream. Maybe that's coming later. Fingers crossed!
(Full size $40.00, Sample size $13.99)
5. Briogeo Blossom & Bloom ™ Ginseng + Biotin Volumizer - If I used a volumizing spray, I'm sure I'd like this one. As it is, my hair tends to resemble a lion's mane all on its own. I tried it out (for science!) and it smells really good and leaves my hair soft, not crunchy. My hair is big anyway, so I have no idea if it works for volumizing. It does smell really, really good, though.
(Full size $18.00, Sample size $3.53)
The bag - I adore this bag! It's something I would have picked out and actually pay real money for. In fact, I just bought a wallet that matches this bag. I've had an abiding love for houndstooth for as long as I can remember. This one has a fresh look with the radiant orchid zipper and lining. The outer body is a vinyl that will be easy to keep clean.
The grand total this month is $49.02 plus the bag. I'm happy with that. How about you? What did you get? If you're not subscribed and would like to check it out, my referral link is here. I get nothing but points to redeem for free stuff. If you would like to check it out without the link, go to ipsy.com. It's $10/month beauty subscription service that is customizable to you own tastes.