It's that time again! This month's bag left me a bit underwhelmed, to say the least. The bag itself is adorable. I love the ultra-girliness of it, but the contents...meh.
Here's my list of products in order of favorites.
1. bareMinerals 5-in-1 cream eyeshadow in Barely Nude: The formula is amazing. It's creamy, blends out beautifully, and doesn't crease. I just really wish that this color wasn't my exact skin color. I'll be using this as a base for other eye shadows. (Full Size $18. Sample Size Value $5.40)
2. Pur~lisse pur~protect essential daily moisturizer spf 30: Fans of the moisturizer without the sunscreen should like this, too. It has the same light texture that absorbs quickly into skin. The sunscreen scent is very light, but is detectable. This works well under makeup. (Full Size $55. Sample Size Value $16.50)
|Models Own in Red Sea. This is two coats over a nude polish.|
3. Models Own nail polish in Red Sea (Splash Collection): This is a bright red jelly polish with iridescent/holographic glitters of varying sizes. It's definitely a statement polish. Even though this has great coverage for a jelly, I would still apply it over a red just so I wouldn't have to apply so many layers. (Full Size £5 = $8.53)
4. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink: I have no idea why they bothered naming this color anything but "Mostly Clear". It's soooooo sheer that I couldn't get a swatch to show up on my hand. There is a bit of a sheen that is pretty, but, really, not what I want in a tinted lip balm. Pixi's website calls it "your own personal, pH reactive pink", so I must not have any pH. The balm itself is nice. It feels creamy, sticks around for a while, and has a light minty scent. The lack of pigmentation just seriously bummed me out. (Full Size $14. Sample Size Value $8.40)
5. Clear Clinic Laboratories Vanished Clear Spot Treatment: The only reason this is at the bottom of the list is that I haven't had a chance to try it out. I have no active problems at the moment (thank goodness) so I can't really give an opinion on this other than it smells potent and I love the idea of a treatment that you can carry with you and reapply throughout the day. (Full Size $35. Sample Size Value $9.33)
My bag came to a total of $48.16 for $10. Not too shabby. I'll be giving that spot treatment a try next time face demons show up.
Ipsy is a subscription service that costs $10 a month. You get four or five products, some full sized, and a reusable bag. Each bag is customized to the subscriber via a quiz that you take when signing up. You can retake the quiz at any point and as many times as you like. Anyway, if you're interested in ipsy and would like to earn me some points, click and subscribe.
If you subscribe, what did you get in your bag this month?