How's your summer going so far? Mine, not so good. But let's not talk about sad things today. There's enough of that already. Let's talk about pretty things like this month's ipsy bag. I was happy with everything I received, so in no particular order here's what I got and what I thought.
1. BelláPierre Cosmetics Banana Setting Powder - I have no idea how ipsy knows the contents of my vanity drawers, but they must be spying on me. I was just about to run out of banana powder when, lo and behold, this came! I'm in love with BelláPierre Cosmetics at this point. They do fabulous liners and, apparently, fabulous banana powder.
It's so finely milled and the perfect shade for me. My skin is so fair that a lot of banana powders are too dark for me. I love using this to set the concealer under my eyes. This lady has some dark circles!
2. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish in No Filter - This is the second polish from Trust Fund Beauty that I've received and I've been impressed both times.
The formula is thick (but not goopy), so you get full coverage in two coats. Really, if one and a half coats was a thing, then that would get it done. This shade is a fabulous greyed-out nude. Ignore the terrible application in the photo. It was late and I said to myself that I need to go to sleep. Instead I painted my nails poorly. Same thing, right?
3. ModelLauncher Cosmetics Felt Tip Eyeliner in Emerald Isle - I've never heard of this company before, but they certainly got my attention with this awesome eyeliner.
It has a superfine felt tip and is so easy to use.
This shade is gorgeous and totally unlike anything I already own. It is smudge proof and water resistant. I have watery eyes and this stayed all. Day. Long! After taking the photo below I tried smudging it with my finger. I rubbed so hard I made my hand a little sore. It didn't budge. I want every color they make.
4. MAKE UP FOR EVER Excessive Lash Mascara - This is a good mascara. It gives good volume. It builds easily. I like the brush. There was no flaking and no smudging. I like it.
(Full size value $25.00. Sample size value $7.27)
5. Nunzio Saviano Anti-Frizz Sheets - I really enjoyed this one. It looks so strange, but since I tend to frizz I gave it a shot. This dealt with my fly-aways beautifully, has a very light clean scent, and didn't leave my hair oily at all. The others will be living in my purse this summer.
(Full size value $18.00. Sample size value $4.80)
The bag - 90's me would have been so into this. It's holographic and has a print of (what looks like to me) an aerial view of beach umbrellas. It's so cute.
Grand total - $75.07
If you're interested in signing up, ipsy is a $10/month customizable beauty subscription service. Click here for my referral link (I get points) or just go to ipsy.com to check it out.
Did you get the same things I did? I'm always interested in what everyone else got.