Easy Cronuts Recipe
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. You want enough oil to cover at least half of your cronut, so this will take quite a bit. I used a small pan so that I could use less oil. It takes longer to do all of the cronut this way, so if you're short on time use more oil in a large pan.
- Open your can of croissants and cut them into 1 inch slices. You could do larger. It's totally up to you. You can cut or poke a small hole in the center for the doughnut look.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of sugar with 1 tsp. of cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix 2 tbsp. (heaping) of powdered sugar with enough water and flavoring to make it a runny glaze. I used raspberry extract. Set aside.
- When the oil is hot, gently place as many of the cronut into the pan that will comfortably fit. Let them cook until they are a medium brown and then flip them over.
- Remove them from the oil and place on a them plate covered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Roll the cronut in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, place on a plate and drizzle the glaze on top. If you want to add sprinkles or nuts, now would be the time. They won't stick once the glaze has dried.
- Repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Enjoy! Om nom nom!
|My sous chef enjoying her work.|
Side note: This goes a lot quicker if you have a helper to do the glazing and sprinkling part while you do the frying.