Monday, May 23, 2011

Makeover Monday: Super Simple Berry Wreath

Berrylicious Wreath

For this week's Makeover Monday, I turned my attention to a wreath that had been given to me by my aunt. It had been in her basement for ages and needed a bit of a pick-me-up. During my last trip to a Dollar Tree, I found bunches of berries that I thought were sweet. I bought four bunches and used every bit of them for this wreath. And did I mention that this wreath is Super Simple? It took me all of, oh, I dunno, maybe four minutes to throw together.


Ingredients:
  • Wreath base
  • Berry bunches (4)
  • Wire cutters
  • Ornament (optional)

Bunches o'Berries

I used wire cutters to clip all of the berries apart and sorted them by color. I left a few inches on the stems.

Clipped and sorted berries.

I  then jammed the stems into the wreath, alternating colors. After I had made it all around the wreath once, I concentrated several stems at the bottom left side of the wreath. I didn't bother with glue or floral wire. The berry stems held in there without it.

Finished!

I added a star ornament (also from the Dollar Tree that I got at their after Christmas 50% off sale) to the middle of the wreath for a bit of extra sparkle. That part's optional. You could add a bow or a bird ornament or nothing at all. Actually, I think I might like it better without anything except the berries and that star may be going. I'll have to sleep on that one.






2 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Shopping the dollar store is a fun thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOH that is AWESOME! LOVE the colors, and the price ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...