Friday, May 20, 2011

Perfect Peonies

I really <3 peonies.

Depends on who you ask around here, these may be called pinies, ponies, or, as the rest of the world knows them, peonies. Peonies are one of my absolute favorite flowers. My grandmother, Mamaw Black, had a big, gorgeous peony bush in her front yard that thrilled me every time it bloomed. Sadly, both my grandmother and the bush have passed on, but my love of peonies remains. I visited my Aunt Lizetta and she loaded me up with an armful of the blossoms to bring home.


She has a large variety of peonies growing in her yard and was very generous sharing them with me.




I was pleased to discover that when I got home, my own little peony bush bloomed for the first time. Of course, this had to be pointed out by my husband seeing as I hardly ever leave the house except to get in my car to go shopping. Believe it or not, I'm not a nature girl. But I do appreciate beautiful things. Peonies are definitely beautiful things.

This one's all ours. Photo by Seán.

Have a lovely weekend!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those are just gorgeous. Love the colors. You are one lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beautiful! Peonies are my favourite! They make me sad, though, because they remind me of my mom. She had several peony bushes in her yard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peonies too! Mine came from my Aunt Alice's garden & I think of her & how I loved her with every bloom. She's long since 'gone to Glory' but her memory lives on (for me) in my flower bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peonies too,, had some the same,, of my gramma's,, they are such an old fashioned looking flower,,beautiful photos,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peonies as well. Te first thing I planted in my garden was a tree-peony.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...