Monday, May 30, 2011

Makeover Monday - Business Card Holder Transformation

A colorful redo for a drab business card holder.

Today's Makeover Monday is something that's a bit near and dear to my heart. I gave my very first business card holder a face lift. Way back when, I actually needed to carry business cards and I've been thinking about getting some for my blog and Etsy shop. I dug this out of a drawer, consigned the cards inside to the hot glue gun drip catcher pile, and got to work.

Ingredients:
  • Metal business card holder
  • Sand paper
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paint brush
  • Stickers
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge brush
  • Scissors (optional)

I started by giving the card holder a good sanding. This will help the paint grip the surface.

Sand it.

I then painted two coats of white acrylic paint on using a small bristle brush. I wanted the brush strokes to show for added texture.

Paint it.

Once that was completely dry, I adhered scrapbooking stickers to the holder with Mod Podge. The adhesive on the stickers isn't strong enough to stay on on its own.

Decorate it.

I cut a large sticker in half, positioning both halves right on the edge. I then filled in the rest of the space with more stickers, more or less symmetrically. When that dried, I gave the holder a couple of coats of Mod Podge to seal the whole thing.

Seal it.

More drying time and that's it. 

The front.

The back.

Now all I have left to do is design some business cards to go in my nifty business card holder.





1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I have a cute template for printing business cards. I'll forward it by email.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...