Thursday, May 12, 2011

Root Beer (Cupcakes) Float My Boat

How good does that look?

Root beer float cupcakes. Yup, you heard me. I really wish I had thought of this, but sadly no. They were the glorious brainchild of Jessica from How Sweet It Is. They're a chocolate/root beer cake with root beer frosting filling topped with vanilla frosting. Sounds amazing, right? Well, they are!
Growing up I never liked root beer, but when I was pregnant with my daughter Zara I craved root beer floats like crazy. Thank goodness for Wendy's and Sonic. I definitely gave them tons of business those few months. Isn't it funny how tastes change?




Yum!

The only thing I have to say about this recipe (besides yum!) is that the frosting was a bit thinner than I typically like. I even added a ton more sugar to firm it up. I like a thick layer of frosting piled high and that just wasn't going to happen this time. The frosting does taste amazing, though, and looks a lot like vanilla ice cream. The only thing I added to the cupcake was the blackberry bramble colored sugar for a bit of sparkle.

So go check out the root beer float cupcakes recipe from How Sweet It Is. You'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...