Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kitchen Sink Candy (recipe)

Lumpy but yummy!


Stars and Stripes forever! I hope my American readers had a wonderful July 4th and my international readers had a great weekend. Iron Craft's challenge was to make something with stars and/or stripes. I did both with my Kitchen Sink Candy. It includes everything I had (that would be delish in candy) besides the kitchen sink...hence the name.

I did the handful method while throwing this together. You know, a handful of this and a handful of that. No real measuring needed.

Kitchen Sink Candy
(Makes 20)
Ingredients:
  • Milk chocolate chips
  • Butterscotch morsels
  • Pretzels (crushed)
  • Almonds (crushed)
  • Raisins
  • Coconut (shredded)
  • Candy melts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Melt the chocolate and butterscotch in a double boiler.
  2. Add in the rest of the ingredients.
  3. Press the mixture into silicone molds.
  4. Refrigerate until cooled.
  5. Decorate with melted candy melts. (Optional)
  6. Nom, nom, nom.

A star with stripes. Geddit?

Gotta say, they do tend to turn out a bit lumpy. If you want to skip the molds, then just spread the mixture out into a pan, refrigerate, and break or cut it into pieces.

Couldn't resist taking a bite.


1 comment:

  1. Molds, of course! I love the way the star shape turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...