Tuesday, January 20, 2015
January ipsy bag: Fresh Start
The excitement of getting my ipsy bag every month has not abated in any way. It's still like Christmas every time. Weird? No? This month's theme is Fresh Start. Not sure why. That's just what the card said.
Let's get started with my fave product in the bag:
1. Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Treasure - I had some misgivings with this eye shadow. I've tried a Pacifica duo in the past and the pigmentation wasn't there...
...but, BAM!!! There it is! That's swatched without a primer, folks. How gorgeous is that?
It lasted all day on me with primer. I haven't tried it on my eyes without it. The one bummer is that in order to get this shade, you have to buy the whole palette. There's no singles. Bummer.
(Palette Value $32. Sample Value $2.90)
2. (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm - This balm is pretty awesome. It's thick, but not in a weird way. The lime scent is subtle, but so yummy. It's very moisturizing. Two thumbs up from me!
(Full Size $12. Sample Value $8.40)
3. La Fresh Eco-Beauty Be Good. Good Day. Day Moisturizer - This is a pretty good moisturizer. It behaved itself under my makeup, but it doesn't have sunscreen. That's something I look for in a day-time moisturizer. I do love the packaging of the sample size (which you can buy!). It's a foil packet done right with a screw-top cap. There's enough product for a good trial. The full size is in a traditional jar.
(Full size $40. Sample size $13.99)
4. Hikari Cosmetics Mechanical Eye Liner in Storm - This poor, poor eyeliner. It's so bad I feel sorry for it. It has almost no pigmentation. I'm pretty pale, so things tend to show up on me pretty well. Not this. Not at all. I even warmed it up to try to make it better. No luck.
This swatch took me For. Ev. Er! I love that it's a mechanical pencil (because I'm lazy), but that's about all I can say for this.
5. Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo - This shimmer lotion looks so pretty, doesn't it? The packaging is darling.
Just look at that pink shimmery loveliness.
Uh...wait! Where did it go? Yeah, that's what happens when this product is blended out. It leaves not a trace behind. Nothing. Nada. So what's the point?
(Full size $29. Sample value $7.83)
The bag - I'm not really sure how I feel about this one. It's plasticy with a blue side, a white side, and a coral zipper and liner. It's okay. The color blocking takes me back to the 90's. The color combo is unexpected. It's alright. The texture feels weird. I dunno. Can you tell I'm not excited?
The grand total for this month's bag is $46.12. I'm on the fence this month. Two products definitely won't get used. All of the others were so good. Just for fun, I added up the prices of the products I liked and that came to $25.29. That's still a great deal for a $10 bag. I'm going to call that a win.
If you're interested and would like to give me some points, head on over to ipsy to check them out. It's a customizable $10/month subscription service that gives out deluxe sample size and full size products in a reusable makeup bag. And it's a lot of fun.
Posted by Tabitha at 1:36 PM 1 comment:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)