|Gorgeous stuff, guys!|
Hey, all! I haven't posted in a month! Whaaaa?!? I've been working on a few projects. I just forgot to blog them. Yeah, I'm great.
So, my February ipsy bag rolled in today. Wanna see what I got? I know you do. This month's theme is #ipsyLove, which I really, really do! Spoiler alert: I love every single thing I got. So in no particular order:
1. JOYA Composition No. 1 Parfum Oil
- First off, this little rollerball sample is so freakin' cute!!! It's going to live in my purse. Secondly, this smells so freakin' good! Ipsy describes it as, "fruity, floral, creamy, citrus, a little musk, a lot refreshing." It is all of that. Joya describes it as, "Top notes: sparkling Italian mandarin, Brazilian orange and fresh quince. Heart notes: heliotrope petals, tuberose, jasmine, camellia and Damask rose. Dry down notes: creamy sandalwood, pale musk and a hint of tonka bean." I don't know about that. They're the professionals so I'll take their word for it. All I know is I can't stop smelling my wrist right now. Is that weird?
(Full Size $28. Sample Size $4.12)
2. ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Powder in Peach Bellini
|Can't talk right now. Smelling my arm.|
- There is no highlighter needed with this blush. It's shimmery. It's soooo shimmery. I will be rocking this this Spring and Summer. It's gorgeous.
|Hello, Peach Bellini, my new friend.|
Look at that pigmentation! Look at it! It's ah-may-zing!
(Full Size $22. Sample Size $9.78)
3. CARGO Cosmetics Mini Lip Gloss in Anguilla
|Summer sunset shimmer. Alliteration. Love that, too.|
- I feel like this lip gloss is going to be controversial. Some are going to love it (me) and some are going to hate it. It's a richly pigmented, pale, milky pink. It's not sticky. I can't detect a scent at all, but I've seen comments from other people who can't stand the scent. As for me, I love it and think it's perfect for Spring.
|Pretty in pink.|
I know I'll get a lot of use out of this gloss. I don't own anything like it, which is weird. I have a massive lip gloss collection, but this is the first one like this.
(Full Size $16. Sample Size $8)
4. 'Tini Beauty Rob Scheppy for 'Tini Beauty Eyeshadow in Pearl Fizz
|Preeeety, preeeety pink.|
- This is a very lovely, shimmery, champagne eye shadow.
|Love this packaging.|
It's very good quality and such a gorgeous shade. I think this one will get used often.
(Full Palette $39.50. Sample Size $4.93)
7. Luxie Beauty Large Angled Face Brush 504
|A gorgeous color that will work with nearly any look.|
There is one bummer. I was also supposed to receive a makeup brush, but that didn't arrive in my bag. I've contacted ipsy care about it and expect to hear back from them shortly. (I'll update this post when/if I get it.)
*edit - I found it! It was inside the mailer! I'm such a dork. I'll post photos and my thoughts on the brush later.
So this little brush nearly went to the dump! I didn't notice it in the mailer and didn't realize it was missing until I checked out my Glam Room. So, I contacted ipsy care and the super nice customer service rep got back to me right away and gently suggested I check the mailer. Yeah...that was embarrassing. But I'm sooooo glad I found it!
|So happy I found this one!|
This brush reminds me so much of e.l.f.'s Essential Bronzing Brush
. But better. Way better. In fact, I was going to try to find one just like it last weekend. I love the way the e.l.f. brush is shaped and how it's the perfect size for contouring on me, but the bristles are a bit scratchy and the application is always a bit patchy. (I'm a poet, don'tcha know?)
|e.l.f. vs. Luxie|
The Luxie brush, however, is soft, and full, and has a lovely weight to it. And I'm crazy for the pink and rose gold. Both brushes are cruelty-free and vegan. The e.l.f. brush is only $2. The Luxie brush is half off at the time this post is being published. That makes it $8 right now. For $6 more than e.l.f. you can get a high quality brush that gives a flawless application. Totally worth it!.
(Full price $16. Sale price $8)
6. The bag
|You wanted a close-up, right?|
- I'm even loving this bag. It's adorable. The back side and lining is the same pink as the top band. It's just plain cute.
The grand total
for this bag
. If you're interested in subscribing to ipsy, feel free to use my link
. I get points. Points get me stuff. All good things.
If you already subscribe, what did you get? I'm just being nosy.