Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July! (Part 2)

Sparks were flying this fourth of July.

Today was an amazing day. The weather cooperated. The parade was fun. The cookout was so good I forgot to take photos. The fireworks were perfectly visible from my house. And, most importantly, I tracked down a giant bag of cotton candy.


Cotton candy is an important part of Independence Day for me. When I was little, we'd hang around the ball field all day where there was a pretty big celebration. There would be singing and lots of junk food. I'd always get a snow cone and a cotton candy spun straight out of the machine onto a paper cone. Sometimes I'd get two. Of each. And then I'd have a tummy ache for the rest of the day. Good times!

You know you're jealous.

Check out that sunset. Gorgeous, right?









I took nearly 150 photos of fireworks. Aren't you glad I didn't subject you to all of them? You're welcome. It's been a long day and so I'm off to bed, folks. Good night!


1 comment:

  1. Great pics of the festivities! Yes, I'm jealous, I love me some cotton candy. I get it once a year at the fair. Not nearly enough though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...