Thursday, April 28, 2011

Seashell Candle Holder

This is my I Wanna Be At The Beach candle holder.

Some of you may recognize this concept from the post I did called Super Simple Easter Decor (Peeps!) using Peeps and jellybeans. Easter's over and it's time for a change. This candle holder (or vase, either way) is also Super Simple and made me long for the beach.


Ingredients:
  • Candle jars - one large and one small, recycled from old candles
  • Glass marbles
  • Seashells
  • Pearl string
  • Ribbon
  • Glue dots
  • Craft tweezers (optional)
My family and I go every year and every year I pick up a ton of seashells. They came in handy with this project. If you don't have any on hand, they can be bought at most craft stores.
 
The ingredients.

Start by adding glass marbles to the bottom of the large jar. This will raise the small jar up so the jar will appear to be more full.

Glass marbles in the bottom of the jar.

Add the seashells and pearls on top of the marbles. If you need to, use long craft tweezers to position the shells.

Add shells and pearls.

Wrap the ribbon around the lip of the jar, being careful to not allow it to go above it. Fire hazard. Craft safely, people.  Double knot the ribbon and attach glue dots to the ends of the ribbon.

This ribbon reminds me of beach towels and chairs. Love the colors and stripes!

Fasten the ends down at the back, more or less lining up the ends.

The dark side of the candle holder.

And that's it. Super Simple like I told you it would be.

Finished.

Add a tea light and enjoy. If you're concerned about it still being a fire hazard, LED tea lights work well. Or you could just add water and flowers and forget the fire altogether. Your choice.

A view from the top.

I can practically feel the sand under my feet and hear the roar of the ocean...if I concentrate. Hard. And ignore the episode of American Idol playing in the background.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...