Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pearly Chandelier Earrings

Sparkly!

For some strange reason, whenever I hear (or think) the word "chandelier" I think of Scarlett Johansson on Saturday Night Live. Weird. Anyway. I made these pearl chandelier earrings using some pearl beads from my friend Laura's bead store swag bag. It's the gift that keeps on giving.



The ingredients.

Ingredients:
  • Jolee's Jewels Swarovski Chandeliers (2)
  • French ear wire hooks (2)
  • Pearl beads, small (16)
  • Head pins (8)
  • Jump rings, small (8)
  • Wire cutters
  • Round nose pliers

I had the enormous good luck to find some Jolee's Jewels Swarovski crystal jewelry findings at Big Lots a few months ago. They were in an economy pack of four packages for five dollars. Awesome deal.

Got a great deal on these.

 Add the french ear wire hooks. That's the easy part. Roll up your sleeves for the rest of it.

Add the hooks.

Now comes the frustrating part. Thread a bead onto a head pin. Trim it back to 1/4" and create an eye. It's frustrating because it's so small. You may want to use a second pair of pliers to help with this, but be very careful of the finish on the beads. Use a jump ring to attach the pearl to the center of the chandelier. Repeat on the second earring.

Add the pearl bead to the center of the chandelier.

Now to make the dangly bits do this six more times, but with more beads. You'll need two sets of three beads and four sets of two beads. Attach three to each earring with the longest dangle in the center.

Repeat the process many, many times.

 Step back and admire the sparkliness while nursing your sore fingers.

The lighting is strange in this photo, but I kinda like it. I might dye my hair this color.

They fit in well with the other pretties I have hanging on my Easy Earring Holder.

So pretty on my wall.


1 comment:

  1. So pretty. Great job! I've been trying to decide if I want to try making some jewelry. I found a huge stash of jewelry making stuff at a garage sale and picked it up for $5. I love the earrings in the bottom right corner of that photo too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...