Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Birthday Card for Grandma

I do love my Grandma to pieces. She's awesome.

My Grandma's birthday was on Sunday. Happy Birthday, Grandma! Woohoo! Okay, got that out of the way. I love, love, love to make cards. I think a handmade card shows that you put more thought and effort into it than just picking up whatever the store has to offer.  And...I forgot to pick one up at the store. So what's a girl to do?


 Make one, of course!

I keep several card and envelope blanks on standby for just such an emergency. I grabbed a set, pulled out my new heart stamp, gold and pink ink, and a rub-on. This card is Super Simple.
 
The front of the card.

I stamped the two layers of pink hearts at the bottom, one gold heart in the center, and applied the rub-on on top. I  cut around the bottom of the hearts just 'cause I thought it looked cool.

More pink hearts went on the inside along with a pink strip at the bottom so the cutout shows up better.

The inside of the card.

I always decorate the envelope, too. One of my favorite things to do is, if the stamp I'm using is simple, to stamp the top of the stamp along the bottom and the bottom of the stamp along the top.

Side note: I love how this stamp kinda looks like strawberries. My creative cogs are turning. Stay tuned!

Front of the envelope. That's not my handwriting. Get the font from Cottage Industrialist.

 I tend to do the back of the envelope, too. Just one pink heart does the trick of finishing off the card.

And...the back of the envelope.

That's it. It took me maybe five minutes from start to finish. Well, once I figured out what I was going to do. That took a bit longer. The planning stage is always the hardest. And, by the way, I noticed while I was planning out this one that I don't own one single "Happy Birthday" stamp. I foresee a trip to Hobby Lobby in my future.


1 comment:

  1. Nice job! I love making cards too. It feels so much better to give someone a hand made card than a store bought one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...