Monday, March 14, 2011

Makeover Monday: A Spiffed Up Trinket Box

My pretty "new" trinket box.

For this week's Makeover Monday, I gave my sad little trinket box a new look. I've had this box since somewhere in the mid 90s and it was pretty beat-up when I bought it for a dollar at a flea market. It's been around. I had been using it to keep my hair elastics and then the hinge broke. Also, my hair is short, so the elastics are a bit useless now. Anyway.

Ingredients:
  • Trinket box
  • Spray paint
  • White acrylic paint
  • Paint brush
  • Paper towel

The first thing I did was rip out the gross lining. I considered making a new lining, but didn't really see the point. 

My sad little trinket box.

 Thank goodness for sunny, warmish days. I was able to give the box several coats of Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss paint in Watermelon because they dried so quickly.

Coat #1


After getting the box completely covered, inside and out, give it a quick coat of white acrylic paint. Make sure to get it into the details. Rub the paint off almost immediately with a paper towel. Don't rub too hard or the spray paint will come off.

Highlighting the details on the box.


 Let it completely dry and it's finished.

Much better!



I <3 my little pink trinket box!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...