Friday, March 4, 2011

An Elegant Hair Clip

My little model loves her clip so much...or maybe it's just the episode of Dora the Explorer.

I know, I know! Yet another hair clip! This one will be my last for a while. Probably.  I had made a base for a clip that kind of, well, failed and is now a pincushion. In case you missed it, you can check out that post here. In the spirit of making lemonade outta lemons, Zara now has a new hair clip. In spite of everything, the finished product is Super Simple. At least something went right.

Ingredients:
  • Covered hair clip base (go here for instructions)
  • Hot glue gun & stick
  • Ribbon rose
  • Embellishments
  • Scissors


Black grosgrain ribbon base

Snip the wire off of a ribbon rose. Hot glue it down.

Ribbon roses

Pick some embellishments. These came from the scrapbooking section of the craft store. Hot glue them down.

Pretty embellishments

 Finished!

Finished clip

Larger than life

It never ceases to amaze me how easy these are to churn out. Considering how many Zara goes through, that's a good thing. A very, very good thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...