|Berry jam on toast with a side of more berries. Yum!|
Iron Craft's Al Fresco challenge had me stumped (again), but thanks to my genius husband and his genius idea of making my jam, I was able to participate this week. The part that I had the problem with is, well, all of it. The challenge was to do something picnic-centric. I hate picnics. I hate eating outdoors. I hate being outdoors. The whole thing seems like a bad idea. So germy...the bugs...the UV rays...not good. I do like picnic baskets, but have no idea what I'd do with one if I had one. They're just cute.
Anyway, I made my Three Ingredient Jam.
Three Ingredient Jam
(makes 2 cups)
- 16 oz. Strawberries
- 12 oz. Blackberries
- 1 1/2 cup Apple Juice (no sugar added)
- Hull and dice the strawberries.
- Add all ingredients to a pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the mixture reduces by half (approx. 2 hours), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool some before pouring the jam into jars. Refrigerate.
- Nom, nom, nom.
|The ingredients in a pot, precooked.|
|The ingredients in a pot, cooked.|
Since I had two hours to kill before the jam was finished, I decorated the lid of the jar. I attached a cupcake liner to the lid using a ton of glue dots and then put a coordinating rubber band around the lid, held down with more glue dots. A good quality cupcake liner will hold up to handling. I also made a label, but didn't attach it until after the jam was poured in, in case of spills.
|I repeat - Yum|