Monday, June 13, 2011

Makeover Monday: Mannequin Makeunder

From frou-frou to streamlined.

I've had this little beauty since I was a teenager and never really knew what to do with it. It sat on a shelf, collecting dust for years (decades).  I've noticed recently that miniature mannequins seem to be popping up again. (Were they ever really in to begin with?) I decided to give my frilly mannequin a bit of a makeunder to fit in with my decor.

Ingredients:
  • Outdated mini mannequin
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paint brush
  • Scissors
  • Mod Podge
  • Hot glue gun & glue stick
  • Ribbon
The first think I did was rip off all of that fabric and embellishments. What was left was a Styrofoam mannequin base. 

Stripped it.

I mixed a charcoal grey paint and gave the mannequin two good coats of it. I let that dry and then sealed it with Mod Podge. 

Painted it.

After that dried, I hot glued a strip of black ribbon around the neck of the piece to cover up some old glue that I couldn't remove. And that's it.

Finished!

Finished and displaying a necklace.

Easy enough, right? By the way, that necklace is my Carnelian and Wood Necklace if you're interested in learning how to make it.


1 comment:

  1. I love the simplified version, it is a great jewelry display!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...