Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Two (of) You!

Two birthdays equal lots of yummy cakes! The Frugal Homemaker's oldest son, Victor, turned six, and my wonderful Aunt Lizetta turned...well, I'm not telling. I'm pretty sure she'd kill me and bury my body deep in the woods. And who'd blame her?

I was fully prepared to do a fully decorated layer cake for my aunt. She told me she'd prefer cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes. What other flavor is there? So, she got chocolate cupcakes. I used Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake recipe, added a cup of chocolate chips, did a chocolate pudding filling, and topped the whole thing with chocolate buttercream. So much chocolate!

I love these cupcake liners. So beautiful!


Victor wanted a Star Wars party and had a fabulous one! The Frugal Homemaker made him a beautiful cake and some adorable cupcakes with Storm Trooper rings and light sabers.
Darth Vader says "Happy Birthday, Victor!" The stars are too cute.
Wish I had snatched some of those light sabers! 
We had so much fun at the party. Zara had a blast running around with all the other kids and getting ice cream all over her. And happy cake. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...