Monday, March 7, 2011

Makeover Monday: A Tidy Junk Drawer

Seán's so happy he found his safety masks.

It may be because Spring is in the air (despite the snow on the ground), it may be because I'm starting to shape up as a housewife (doubtful), or it may be because I spent a solid five minutes searching for Scotch tape (most likely) that I decided it was about time to clean out the junk drawer.


 I have a love/hate relationship with my junk drawer. I love that there's a place to stash odds and ends. I hate that I have to wade through the odds to find the ends. It's a major time suck and I don't have the extra time to waste.

This is so not staged for dramatic effect.

 I emptied out everything, tossing what I didn't need (or couldn't identify), sorting everything into piles. I picked up the skinny white baskets at the Family Dollar. They were $1.25 for a three pack and are perfect for my huge amount of pens and Sharpies. I have batteries in the second one and cutting tools in the third. The larger basket I've had so long I can't remember where or when I got it. The blue baskets are the Styrofoam containers mushrooms come in at the grocery store. My hoarding tendencies are totally under control. I promise.

Much better, right?

Things I discovered that I didn't even know we owned:
  • Zip ties
  • Three packages of night light bulbs
  • Very little Scotch tape (must buy more)
  • Laser level
  • Two box cutters
  • Safety masks
  • D & 9 volt batteries
  • Nationwide ice scraper
  • Flag pole bracket
  • A bag full of plastic skull rings & temporary tattoos
  • Jump rope
  • The Grinch Stole Christmas tap light


2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! I love the pic of Sean! Too hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I told him he lost all street cred with that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...