Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chocolate Covered Oreos

White chocolate covered Oreos and almond bonbons.

Recently I visited a bakery shop and discovered something that'll probably be very detrimental to my waistline - chocolate covered sandwich cookie molds. Mmhmm. That's pretty much as awesome as it sounds. While at the same store, I picked up a pack of food dye markers. Of course, I had to try the two things out.
This is so easy, but not easy on the diet. Each covered cookie packs a whopping 270 calories. It takes nearly an entire bag of white chocolate morsels to cover six cookies. So worth it, though!

The ingredients.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Place a dollop in the bottom of the mold. Stick in a cookie, pressing it down firmly so the chocolate will fill all of the little nooks and crannies of the mold. Top with more chocolate and smooth it out. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.

It really is as easy as this.

Now's the time for fun. Those blank spaces just beg to be scribbled on.

Pre-decorated.

I took the opportunity to experiment a bit and I'm so glad I did. I placed some sugar pearls in the flower mold, filled the lip mold with pink sugar, and sprinkled a layer of Orange Sherbet sugar in a plain cup.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

The colored sugars completely displaced, creating a bit of a mess. 

The sugars moved. A lot.

The sugar pearls were totally covered except for one. I was not impressed.

One little sugar pearl stood out.

The others turned out well. Drawing on them was a lot of fun.

XOXO

A sweet butterfly.

An even sweeter cupcake...and an almond bonbon.

I can't bear to waste chocolate, so I put a drop of chocolate into a silicone mold, pressed a couple of almonds into them, and topped with more chocolate. Bite-sized yum!

Easy almond bonbons.

I think these would make awesome gifts and the molds come in so many designs. I just have to ask - am I the last person on the planet to know about these things?


1 comment:

  1. Because Oreos don't have enough fat in them already??? You are killing me!! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...