Thursday, April 7, 2011

Peeps Cupcakes

Peep, peep, peep, etc.

Every year we go to Grandma's for Easter and we all bring something to share. I haven't decided what I'm making for Easter this year, but here's what I did last year. I thought I was being so clever making Peeps cupcakes. Yeah...someone bought nearly identical ones from the grocery store.
Anyway.

I made mine using a lemon cake mix from a box, some lemon frosting from a can (tinted green), and some shredded coconut (also tinted green). The easiest way I found to color coconut is to put it in a zippered sandwich bag with a few drops of food coloring and shake it like a polaroid picture.

Frost the cupcakes and then dip the tops in a bowl of your grassy green coconut. Wait until just before serving before adding the Peeps so they don't become stale. Unless you like stale Peeps. I kind of do. Use a bit of frosting on the bottoms of the Peeps to get them to stick to the coconut. Easy!

Before doing all this, check with your family to see if they like coconut. Mine does not. Whatever. Even though I used a box mix and canned frosting, mine was way better than the grocery store cupcakes. So there!

Now, what to do for this year?



1 comment:

  1. Great idea! My grandgirlies would be all about these! Cute & delicious ... win - win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...