Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Face Fashion - September's ipsy glam bag



Hi, all!
It's time to Face Fashion...or something. I dunno. Ipsy's glam bag of the month is all bronzey and gorgeous. Love! Love! Love!

1. Evelyn Iona Cosmetics Cream Blush in ASH - I love a good cream blush. It gives such a healthy, natural flush to the skin. This one is a really, really good one. It's a pinky, peachy shade. (I'm great at describing colors!)


It's organic, cruelty free, and $1 of every one sold is donated to YWCA Canada. All good things. This blends out beautifully and is so soft. It doesn't really smell like anything, and, because I'm weird, I tried this on my lips as well. Pretty!
(Full size $18.75. Sample size $10.71)


2. ACURE Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes - These wipes are pretty good. They removed my makeup and didn't break me out. They're a bit smaller than most other wipes I've tried. They're also on the drier side of damp, if that makes any sense. However, they do work. They removed my eye makeup pretty easily. "Unscented" is a bit of a misnomer. It has a faint scent of something; maybe the argan oil? I dunno. It's not overpowering and I'm sure the "unscented" part is that there is no additional scent added. I guess. If you're interested, they're on sale for $3.50 at the time of this post.
(Value $6.99)


3. J. Cat Beauty #MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes in Bronze - This eyeliner is So. Flipping. Awesome! It's so creamy. I really love bronze on my eyes. I love this eyeliner! (Can you tell?)


Look at that. Just look at it. Gorgeous!


I ran water over the swatch. It didn't budge. I rubbed it super hard and then it balled up. You can see that the liner is still there, but there are flakes. Never, ever, ever rub your eyes as hard as I did my hand. Ever!

This wore all day on my lash line, however it didn't last in my waterline. Bummer. I don't care though. That's how much I love this liner.
(Value $3.99)


4. Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush (C224) - This brush is a good brush. It's a concealer brush, but it also does well applying cream eyeshadows. The bristles are synthetic and soft, but firm. I know that doesn't make sense at all, but it would if you could feel it for yourself. Trust me on this one.
(Value $2.98)


5. NYX Cosmetics ipsy Eye Shadow Trio - This particular trio was made just for ipsy. I love NYX. I love ipsy. I should love, love, love this palette. Yeah...


These colors in the palette are fabulous. There are two shimmers (a champagne and a bronze) and a matte (a charcoal). I was so excited!


Right up until I swatched them. The swatch below took three passes of layering and piling them on just to be able to photograph them. Meh.

I did get a couple of very pretty looks on the eye. They were both soft, natural looks. I'm thinking that if I pile the darkest shade on over top of a dark base, I could build up some drama. They're easy to work with and blend very well. I was just expecting more pigmentation.

As I mentioned, this is an ipsy exclusive. NYX does have many other trios. The closest one to this one would probably be the Voodoo Love Spells trio. And it's on sale for $3.00 right now. Yay!
(Value $6.00)


The bag - I really like this bag. In keeping with the bronze theme, it's bronze. Surprise! It's a textured metallic vinyl. I'd definitely carry this as a clutch.



The grand total is $30.67. I'm well pleased and feel like I got my ten dollar's worth. Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that is $10/month. If you're interested in subscribing to ipsy, check it out at ipsy.com or if you want to give me referral credit, click my link. I get points for referring people. Points get me free stuff. I love free stuff. Just sayin'.



3 comments:

  1. soo cool!!:)
    http://blogbyvioleta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool products! Thanks for sharing. BTW, is there an eyeliner that will last on your water line 'cause if there is I've yet to find it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, have you tried Rimmel's Scandal Eyes? It's awesome and cheap.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...