Friday, December 5, 2014

Review: Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner

Freebie!

Fun fact: Magazines in Ireland (and the U.K) tend to come with freebies! I know! So, I was browsing the racks at Eason in Killarney, Ireland and came across this little gem. Elle had included a sample size of Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner! Woot! Woot! I've been curious about this liner since it came out, but due to the mixed reviews I hadn't bought it. I was thrilled with the opportunity to try it.


This tiny package has enough for several uses, so I was able to give it a good try.


The tip is a flexible angled rubber.


The gel comes out strangely. It makes a bead on the tip rather than coming out evenly, which can be a mess. (And, yes, I followed the directions. I pushed up a small amount and wiped it off. It always beads up anyway.)


The formula is a bit too dry, so I was never able to achieve an even application. You see the big blob? Yeah, imagine that on your eyelid. The best luck I had applying this, I had to make a small pool of the liner on my hand and then dip the tip into it. I'd have to work with it a bit that way to warm it up to get it to go on my eye. When I take it straight to my eye from the applicator, it's a big honkin' mess. Straight up. I tried this twice and both times I had to go in with my beloved Jessie's Girl Liquid Liner to clean it up.

The good points: It's seriously black. The pigmentation is excellent. It lasts all day and was easy to remove with baby oil on a cotton ball. When I deliberately rubbed it kind of hard, it had a little flaking, but I was really, really going for it. It won't flake with normal use.

I'm so thankful I was able to try this before buying it. I've seen some people have great luck with it, but I wasn't able to get it to work well for me. If you're dead-set on using a gel liner, try Essence Gel Eyeliner with a small angled brush. Same matte highly-pigmented black, easier to use, much (much!) more cost effective.

Have you had a chance to try this out yet? How did it work for you?

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...