Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December Ipsy: Thinking of You


Thinking of You themed bag

Hi, all!
Straight up, I love this month's bag. It introduced me to my new favorite...you'll just have to wait and see!

In no particular order (because I liked it all!) here's what I got this month.

1. Bumble and bumble. Straight Blow Dry - Smells lovely and does what it's supposed to. I have thick hair that tends to frizz. This helped my blow-out last for a few days and left my hair soft. (Value $14 for 2oz. Sample Value $3.50)

Love this!

 2. NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm in Ladyfingers - This is described as "mauve", but seriously it's more of a berry pink. The color lasted from 8 am to lunchtime at noon. The moisturizing effect stuck around a bit longer. Plus, it smells like candy. (Value $4)

Love that!

Swatch out!

3. CAILYN Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish in Orchid - I've never tried something like this before. The packaging is certainly unique. The eye polish is a loose powder eye shadow and is a lovely shimmery rose gold. Applied dry, it's pretty subtle. Use a sticky primer or apply wet to amp up the drama. (Value $15)

Love this, too!

Swatched dry.

 4. Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler in Purple - To be totally honest, I didn't try this one. I have naturally curly lashes and already have a curler that I rarely have to use. (Only when I've slept on my face weird and my lashes are doing freaky things, really.) I'll probably pass this one along to someone else. It's adorable, though. The purple is so pretty. This model also comes in blue. (Value $5)

Love that purple!

Aaaannnddd.....a different angle.
5. tarte deluxe lights, camera, lashes 4-in-1 mascara - So we've gotten to my new favorite...MASCARA!!! I really love what this does for my lashes. It gives me volume, length, definition, everything I want in a mascara. It has a traditional bristle brush. It doesn't flake or smudge on me and is easy to remove. I'm in love! (Value $20. Sample value $8.33)

The new love of my life!

6. Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain Moisturizing Lip Color in Lady and the Vamp - This one is an oldie but a goodie in my makeup collection. I had to redeem some points before they expired, so I ordered this. I didn't realize that I already had this one, I just thought they had brought out a new dark color. Soooo...now I have two.

An old love.
I really do love this stain. It goes on a deep plum and when it wears down, it becomes a beautiful rose shade. The stain does last about all day. I'm bummed that I didn't get to try a new shade, but happy that I'll have a back-up for this gorgeous one. (Value $2.99)

Stainy.

7. The bag - This month's bag is a nice black satin with a plastic hang tag. The zipper and lining match the tag. It's cute. It'll get used.

Satiny.
The grand total for this month's bag (not including the balm stain or the makeup bag) is $35.83. I'm happy with the way my $10 was spent this month. If you're interested, click my ipsy link to get some more information.

If you already subscribe, what did you get? I'm nosy like that.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...