Thursday, February 17, 2011

Murder on the Dancefloor Ring

Glitter + Skull & Crossbones + Heart + Rhinestone = Awesomeness


Iron Craft's Midas Touch challenge really inspired me. First I made Super Simple Button Earrings and then I cranked out my new favorite thing. It's a ring that I've named "Murder on the Dancefloor" or "Disco Death". Well, who cares what it's called. It's fabulous!

Ingredients:
  • Bezel ring base with a deep well
  • Elmer's Glue-All
  • Gold glitter
  • Skull & crossbones pendant
  • Heart button
  • Rhinestone
  • Mod Podge Dimensional Magic*
  • Pliers

Coat the inside of the ring's well with Glue-All and sprinkle liberally with glitter. Pour the excess glitter onto a piece of paper or into a funnel to reuse it. Using the pliers, twist off the shank of the pendant.

Glue-All glues all. Especially glitter.

Very, very carefully add in the pendant, rhinestone, and heart before the glue dries. Don't mess up the glitter. If it does get messed up, reapply the glitter as necessary.

Carefully add your pieces in without displacing the glitter.

 I used the pliers as a stand to keep the ring upright while adding the Dimensional Magic*. Fill in all areas to the top of the well. Pop any air bubbles with a pin or toothpick.

Use the pliers to keep the ring upright.

The Dimensional Magic* is opaque while wet, but dries clear. I left mine to dry overnight.

Wet Dimensional Magic.

Once it dries, add more if the Dimensional Magic* has become a bit concave.

Glittery and funky. Love it!


I love how glossy my new ring is.

And that's all, folks! Easy enough, no?

*edit 6.7.11 - The Mod Podge Dimensional Magic became cloudy after a few wearings. I'm planning on recreating this ring using epoxy resin. The Dimensional Magic would probably be better in smaller doses.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...