Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! - hair clips & a card

Zara's getting new hairbows for Valentine's Day. Shh! Don't tell!


So, somewhere around noon yesterday I remembered that tomorrow (today) is Valentine's Day! Eeep! I had so much to do and very little time left. My utter lack of reality bit me in the tushy. It's so hard keeping track of time when every day is pretty much the same. That's my excuse, anyway.

Luckily for me, hairbows and a card are easy to whip up. Zara loves hairbows (they're clips, actually) and is always losing them, so they're a good gift to give her. I cranked out these three in no time with the help of my trusty hot glue gun. I only burned myself once. Go me!

These were made with (from the top) a pre-made crochet flower, green grosgrain ribbon for the leaves, on a white grosgrain ribbon base. The second one has the same white base and a pre-made felt heart decoration. Both the flower and the hearts were from the scrapbook section of the craft store. The bottom was made from red grosgrain ribbon and a button. This really couldn't have been easier. In fact, they were so easy I'm calling them Super Simple. I did them while chatting on the phone. That may explain the burn. Maybe you shouldn't craft and talk at the same time. Safety first, people!

Hairbows (a.k.a. hair clips, clippys)

Once I got the Little One squared away, I needed to work on Seán's card. I picked up a few new stamps this year and got some good use out of them. This was easy, too, but I did spend more time on the card than I did the hair clips. I did an all-over random pattern with two different stamps and gold and pink ink on the background, used glue stick to put the scrapbook element on the front, and used a rub-on for the "Love" swirly thingy. The bottom border is a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper and five self-stick rhinestones.

All you need is love.

The inside gets decorated, too. Pink hearts and xoxo scream love ya! Obviously, I'm not sharing what I wrote in the card. Too personal and too embarrassing!

I sign all my messages to him "xoxo", so, of course, I had to use this stamp.

You can't have a gorgeous card and put it in a plain envelope. I used the same heart stamp, the xoxo stamp across the bottom (not shown - it didn't photograph well at all) and a s.w.a.k. rub-on.

All love letters should be sealed with a kiss.

Have a fabulous Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...