Friday, February 18, 2011

I Heart My Ring

I <3 my ring!
 I have a major thing for statement rings. The bigger and funkier, the better. And you know what I love even more? I love, love, love it when they're cheap and easy. This one is so cheap and Super Simple.

Ingredients:
  • Ring blank with pad
  • Red velvet heart bead
  • Two gold beads
  • Gold head pin
  • E6000 or your favorite super strong glue
  • Pliers
  • Wire cutter (my pliers have a wire cutter built in)

This ring took me a total of maybe five minutes to do and that included taking photos.

The ingredients.

The first thing you need to do is assemble the top. Thread one gold bead on the head pin, add the heart bead and the second gold bead. Clip the wire so there's around half an inch left above the second bead. Bend the wire with the pliers to keep all the beads on the pin. Try to tuck the end of the wire into the heart bead. Definitely make sure that it won't snag on anything. That's a good way to ruin a sweater and break your ring.

Assemble the top.

Glue the heart onto your ring base. Let it dry for a few hours. I left mine overnight.

E6000 rocks. Obviously, I need to pick up some more.

And that's it. All finished.

So pretty!

Side view of the adjustable band. 

Super Simple and super cute, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...