Wednesday, May 20, 2015
May ipsy glam bag: Jetsetter
It's been a crazy-busy month! We're in the process of moving house and my daughter has a ton of extra-curricular activities that amp up in the Spring. Life is good...and nuts, but mostly good. This month's ipsy glam bag is a welcome treat. The theme of the month is Jetsetter. Like I've said before, the themes confuse me, but that's okay. Maybe it's called Jetsetter because you can take sample sizes on a plane?!? I dunno. Anyway, here's what I got and what I thought.
1. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil in Ozone + BONUS Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Failbait and Bittersweet - First, can we take a moment for the packaging? I want everything used on this model to be on my face right now!
The pencil is such a cool idea. It's a lip primer that holds onto your lipstick or gloss for a longer wear time. It just gives a bit of a white cast, but it's mostly clear.
The glosses are gorgeous. They're as sticky as they can get while still leaving you with the ability to use your mouth, but they're beautiful. I applied the gloss at 8 a.m., drank a soda straight from the can (no straw), ate an uncut apple, had lunch, and it's still on my lips at 2:30 p.m.! There was transfer, of course, and the color and shine have worn down a bit, but it's still there.
Those colors are just soooo pretty! Failbait (the pink one) is great for everyday wear. It's a pink that should work for every skin tone. The purple one called Bittersweet is an amazing color. It stained my hand a bit after I swatched it. I really had to scrub with a wet wipe to get if off.
(Full size $20. Sample size $15)
2. Pixi by Petra Beauty Bronzer in Summertime - This bronzer looks a bit intimidating for fair skin, doesn't it? It's really not, though. It can go on lightly and blends out beautifully. It's not too warm, so you won't look like a Cheeto.
It does have shimmer. It's a very fine shimmer with no glitter at all. It just leaves you glowy and radiant and it's very natural looking. It's great for warming up your complexion. I've also used it as an eyeshadow. Gaw-geous!!! It's sold with a kabuki brush. Alas, we did not get the brush, but I'm thrilled with the bronzer.
(Full size with brush $18. Sample size approximately $5)
3. BelláPierre Cosmetics Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Ebony - I'm saying it right now, I love this eyeliner! My Rimmel ScandalEyes liner is getting pretty stubby, so I was thinking about replacing it soon and this showed up at my door. Kismet!
It's a super-smooth gel liner pencil is a highly pigmented matte black. It is absolutely budge-proof. I rubbed the swatch hard and didn't bother taking a second photo because it looked the same as the first photo. It was so easy to tightline with. I'm in love!
4. Bare Republic Naturals SPF 30 Mineral Face Sunscreen Lotion - I wasn't too thrilled to get another sunscreen in my bag. I've had plenty others and have never been inspired to buy the full sizes. This one is a totally different story. I'm definitely getting the full size version. It's chemical-free. The active ingredients are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It's an interesting formula that starts off as a lotion and then when it's applied feels like powder. It works wonderfully under makeup. It smells like sweet coconut. Just remember to shake it. It's part of the instructions. I sometimes don't read instructions. Just shake it. Avoid the mess. You can thank me later.
(Full size $14.99. Sample size $3)
5. NUXE Rêve de Miel® Facial Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Gel - This one is a bit odd. I feel like it did a good job of getting my face clean, but I couldn't place the scent. I asked my husband what he thought and he said, "Old lady." So there's that. I looked it up and it's made with honey and sunflowers. I guess that's it. Old ladies smell like honey and sunflowers according to Seán. My skin felt really good after using it. I'd consider buying the full size version.
(Full size $19. Sample size $1.42)
The bag - Now we're down to what may be my favorite part. Ipsy has been knocking it out of the park with the bags lately. This one's my fave. I nearly bought one a lot like it a couple of weeks ago, but I really can't justify buying a small makeup bag when I get one in the mail every month. It's canvas with red lining and the cutest graphic on the front. It's from the company Breakups To Makuep and is smaller than their signature lipstick makeup clutch.
(Full size $35. Ipsy size approximately $25)
If you're keeping track, that's an approximate grand total value of $64.41. What did you get in your ipsy glam bag this month?