Thursday, December 8, 2011

Yummy Scrummy Desserts!

I want more!!!




My brother recently had cause to celebrate good times and I felt the need to bake. Normal, right? I asked what his favorite dessert was and found out it was red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I've never made that before, but have eaten plenty. Mmm...sorry, got distracted.


Anyway, the best red velvet cupcakes I've ever had was made from Carrot Top Mom's recipe. Because of my grocery shopping brain blip, I had to make a few changes to the recipe. I only had one cup of white sugar, so I also added in brown sugar. I only had enough sour cream for the cupcakes, so I left that out of the frosting altogether. I used silver and gold sugar sprinkles for some added sparkle. Her recipe made two dozen cupcakes and had enough batter left over for an 8" round. Wanna know what I did with that?


Worth a second look.

I made red velvet trifle!

Scrumptiousness in a bowl.

I cut the cake in half, layered it with white chocolate pudding, white chocolate chips, a tub of whipped cream folded with a container of red velvet cake yogurt and topped it with more white chocolate chips and overdid it with the bright pink sugar sprinkles. Super, super, super yum! It went so fast.

Does carrot cake count as a vegetable?

I also recently made carrot cupcakes. I was craving carrot cake so hard. The best carrot cake I've ever had was made by the Greenbrier and served at Tamarack in Beckley, WV. I need to go get some more to compare, but these come so close. The recipe was Carrot Cake III by Tammy Elliot. The only change I made was to omit the oil and replace it with unsweetened applesauce. That makes it health food, right?


1 comment:

  1. Hiya, yeah, those red velvet, cream cheese icing cupcakes you made up there, well I'm eating one now. One that you made. And it's damn good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...