Monday, December 12, 2011

Cupcakey Christmas Tree

Oh, Christmas tree!

A couple of weeks ago I took a nap and Seán and Zara took the opportunity to decorate for Christmas. So sweet! And speaking of sweet, we have a pretty sweet tree. Cupcakes and candy kind of sweet.
I dunno how I missed these beauties last year, but when I finally saw goldiloks Cuppycake Ornaments, I had to make a set. The one thing I changed was to use a pom-puffy-thingy as a cherry instead of the berries she used. I tried to find them, but couldn't find them cheaper than eight dollars. I'm too cheap for that.

Vanilla? White chocolate? Who cares? They look delish!

These were so easy (and fun!) to do, that Zara painted one herself. Pink, of course.

Zara's very pink cupcake ornament. It's definitely strawberry. She told me so.

Here's how the scrapbook cupcake ornaments look on the tree.

More cupcakes!

I'm a huge fan of using unorthodox ornaments. The multi-colored beads are actually a necklace that reminds me of candy. The silver beads are part of a disco ball bead curtain that I had hanging in my bedroom through the college years.

Cupcakes and a candy-like necklace.

Thanks again to my wonderful family for letting me sleep.


2 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! Love, love, love your tree! Merry Christmas to you & yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, your tree is super groovy. Mine is being eaten by cats. "/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...