Always Running Out Of Time - Motion City Soundtrack
Play the song above if you haven't heard it before. I'll wait....okay, you're back? Awesome. That's the soundtrack of my life in Spring. I'm always running out of time. Things are starting to slow back down and I can finally take a breath and do my ipsy review.
In a previous post I mentioned how I subscribed to a couple of other beauty boxes. I did get my Play! by Sephora box, so that review will be coming up. My BeautyCon box...well...it mostly came. It was shipped on April 19th. As of May 26th (today) I still have not received my nail wraps. I'm thinking about cancelling that subscription. The customer service has been less than satisfactory. I emailed them twice. The second time I got a form letter saying that there was a manufacturing defect in the wraps and they're being remade. Does it really take more than a month to remake some wraps? Are they being painted by hand?!?! If you want a review on what I did get, let me know in the comments below. (Hehe! I rhymed!)
Anyway, rant over. Now on to this month's ipsy glam bag, which has a travel theme. I was very happy with this month's bag, so in no particular order here's what I got.
1. BelláPierre Cosmetics Gel Lip Liner Pencil in Nude - BelláPierre makes my favorite black eyeliner pencil, which I received in my May 2015 glam bag. It's amazing, so I was so excited to get a lip pencil in my bag.
It's a wonderful, flattering mauvey nude that lasts all day. I've worn it so many times since getting it, which is saying a lot. I don't do lip liner on a daily basis.
2. Slmissglam Small Contour W07 Brush - This brush was created for contouring the nose. It does that exceptionally well. I've also used it to contour my cheeks, my temples, and to highlight the bridge of my nose, the tops of my cheekbones, and my cupid's bow.
The bristles are very soft and densely packed. The brush itself is just darling. It's a pearly wooden handle with a golden ferrule that has two rhinestones set into it. The bristles are white with a pink tip. I would love to have a full set, however that's probably never going to happen. They're a bit more costly than I tend to go for. (And that was a major understatement!) Unfortunately the only way to buy this brush right now is to buy the entire set.
(Full set $325. Sample value $15.00)
3. Smashbox X-Rated Mascara - When I found out that this mascara has fibers in it, I mentally screeched. I wear contacts and am so fearful of anything getting in my eyes. If you've ever had something stuck in your eye while you're wearing contacts, you know what I mean. I got brave and tried this out. You know what I discovered? It's totally fine. I didn't have a problem at all. No irritation. No itchiness. It was all good. I love the brush. I'm into the traditional brushes as opposed to the plastic spiky ones that never fail to poke my eyes out. I wasn't able to actually see individual fibers in the formula. It gave me volume and was buildable. This was a good one.
(Full size value $22.00. Sample size value $7.33)
4. Hanalei Lip Treatment - To be honest, the first time I tried the Hanalei Lip Treatment I wasn't blown away. It just seemed like a nicer version of Vaseline. However, the more I use it the more I like it. It definitely smells better than Vaseline.
(Full size value $25.00. Sample size value $8.33)
5. Épicé International Hydrating Mask - Confession time. I haven't tried this mask. My skin is going nuts and I'm afraid to try anything new until it calms back down. I'm pretty sure it's all stress (see above) and hormone related, but I don't want to risk it. I love the idea of it. It's a clay based mask that still hydrates. It sounds like a complete oxymoron, so naturally I'm intrigued.
Bonus - ModelCo LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss in Socialite - I had some rewards points, so I went for this teensy tube of lip gloss.
It smells like candy, is sheer but gives off a beautiful color, and is comfortable to wear. It's delightful.
(Full size value $24.00. Sample size value $3.55)
The bag - This is the first envelope bag I've received from ipsy, so that's a welcome change. The pattern is adorable with major landmarks. I see you, Easter Island heads!
If you're interested in signing up, ipsy is a $10/month customizable beauty subscription service. Click here for my referral link (I get points) or just go to ipsy.com to check it out.