|That texture, though!|
My family has been so busy lately, that meals at home are a treat. I'll tell you what else is a treat - Sean's awesome bread. It's delicious and so quick to throw together. The recipe is below.
|The ingredients (featuring my new chalk board fox).|
Sean's Oatmeal Soda BreadIngredients:
- 2 cups instant oatmeal
- 1/4 coarsely crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1 tsp (heaped) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine ingredients.
- Pack loosely into a greased loaf tin, making sure the entire bottom is filled with no large air pockets.
- Carve a shallow line down the center with a knife.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until it's brown on the top. Poke it with a knife. It's finished when the knife comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and wrap in a tea towel to cool.
- Bread should cut easily even shortly after cooling down.
|Sean crushing almonds.|
|In the pan with the line carved.|
|The proper shade of oatmeal soda bread brown.|
|Getting ready for its wrap.|
|Not a towel burrito.|
|Mmmm! Buttery! (Also great with jam. And peanut butter. And honey. Need I go on?)|
If you give this a try, let me know what you think.