Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Melty Cuff

Yeah...so I couldn't think of something else to call it.


Iron Craft's fourth challenge was Catalogue Creation and I knew immediately what I wanted to do. I just didn't know how I wanted to do it. You see, I've had a page ripped out of October's Marie Claire tacked up to my bulletin board since, well, October. I fell head over heels in love with this melty cuff by Delfina Delettrez, but I just didn't have an extra $1,660 laying around.

Gorgeous, right?

After mulling it over for a few days, I scaled back the design to something more practical for me, and figured out the construction, and surprise, surprise, it didn't involve metalsmithing. I cut a piece of felt and some thick elastic, sewed them together, layered a ton of hot glue, painted it, dripped some more paint, and then sealed it with Mod Podge. I'd still rather have the original, but sadly, I still don't have the cash and it's apparently sold out. The picture is still tacked to my bulletin board.


3 comments:

  1. I love how you DIYed this. Does it go off & on easily without cracking the glue & paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kat! I haven't had any problems with it. I did make it a bit larger than I normally would. Maybe that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did you come up with that? Brilliant! Good job ... you are so creative! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...