Monday, April 25, 2016

The Dreamers: April's ipsy glam bag


April's ipsy glam bag

Hey, all!

It's time for April's glam bag! Yay! If you're into beauty box/bag reviews, well I have some news for you. I got my first BeautyCon box last week. I'm still trying stuff out. I also got off the Play! by Sephora wait list. I'm still freaking out over that, although I'm pretty sure everyone made it off the list. Still, I like to feel like I'm a special snowflake.

Spoiler alert! I liked everything I got this month, so in no particular order...

1. Buxom Cosmetics Wildly Whipped Lightweight Liquid Lipstick in Centerfold - That's a name and a half, isn't it?!? I'm officially obsessed with this lipstick. The color is something I'd definitely pick for myself. I'm loving the '90s nudie lips lately.

Buxom's Liquid Lipstick

It has a comfortable mousse-like texture and dries to a soft matte finish. It reminds me so much of the formula of Hard Candy's Velvet Mousse Matte Lip Color and I love, love, love that stuff!

It's not transfer-proof but it does last a long time on me. It fades away gracefully without making my lips look scary-crazy by the end of the day. It has a faint bakery-sweet scent.
(Full size $21.00. Sample size $7.87)

I really do <3 it.="" td="">

2. NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic - I have really been enjoying the NUDESTIX products I've been getting. This is no exception. The color is so beautiful. I love product that do double duty and do them well.

Kind of hard to tell, but this is NUDESTIX's Lip & Cheek Pencil.

This is a very comfortable, wear everyday kind of lip pencil that has a bit of a shine to it. There's no scent at all.

I <3 td="" this="" too.="">

It also sheers out beautifully on the cheeks for a healthy flush. I didn't find it sticky at all. I wore it with setting powder and without and was happy with the results both ways.
(Full size $24.00. Sample size $18.00*)
*I really have no idea how to figure this one out. The pencil I received from ipsy is 0.088 oz. Sephora's website says theirs are 0.05 oz. but you also get a case with a mirror and a sharpener. So...? I'm just going to make my best guess at this point.

Sheered out.

3. REN Skincare Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream - This seems like a pretty nice cream. It's a day cream, but there's no SPF included. I don't believe it has broken out my skin. I'm blaming other things on that. It's a bit thick, so I have to give it time to sink in before I apply my makeup. That being said, makeup applies well over it. This cream has a light fresh scent.
(Full size $45.00. Sample size $27.00)


4. L.A.B.² - Live and Breathe Beauty Just Blending In Brush - Honestly I was telling myself right before I got this glam bag that I needed another blending brush. I like having a couple of the same sort of brushes on hand just in case one is dirty or is still wet from being washed. I can't be the only one, right?!?

This brush is soft; it's not the softest, but it's still soft. It's smaller than the one I use constantly, so it's better at small areas. I haven't had any issues with shedding. All in all, I'm so glad I got this. It was excellent timing.
(Value $6.99)


5. pur~lisse Beauty Blue Lotus + White Tea Sheet Mask & Blue Lotus + Seaweed Sheet Mask - These super long names are wrecking my head! I'd never tried a sheet mask before. They're so much fun!

 pur~lisse sheet masks

I love that two were included, because that just added to the hilarity.

The couple that masks together stays together.

And, of course, we had to prank the little one. I sat next to her wearing my mask for ages before she noticed I was there. I feel loved.

UnsuspectingThe Horror!

This was a lovely mask. Not literally. I'm not going out in it. It just felt wonderful. It was very hydrating. I tried the one with white tea and my husband got the seaweed one. The white tea mask really smelled of white tea, which I love. The seaweed mask had a very fresh scent.
(Value $16.00)


The bag - It's cute. It has an abstract watercolor thing going on that I like. It's sort of tie-dyed. Maybe. I dunno. I like the colors.


The bonus - em cosmetics by michelle phan the life palette trial size sampler in night life - city glitz - I had some ipsy points to burn, so I thought I'd try this. I guess I was expecting something much, much cheaper since it was only 250 points. I was surprised that there were actual pans of shadow and a pan of lip gloss. I think I was expecting swatches on paper kind of like what you'd find in a magazine. I dunno. Anyway I was very happy with this.


em by michelle phan's palette sampler
The packaging is cardboard and I'm not too sure how sturdy it's going to be. I'll probably de-pot these and put them in a magnetic palette.

Four to try out.

Everything was good, but I was soooooooo impressed with the silver. It was so bright and metallic (duh!) and stayed that way on my eyes all day long. I was sad to wash it off that night. The lip color is a sheer gloss. There are six different samplers to try out. A few of the other ones are calling my name.
Taaaaabithaaaaaa....Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabithaaaaaaaaaaaaa...buy us! 
Shut up, palettes! I don't need to hear that.
(Value $10.00)

Dat silver doe!

The grand total for April's ipsy glam bag is $75.86*(contents) + $10.00 (bonus palette) + bag = $85.86. That's all for $10. If you're interested in signing up, ipsy is a $10/month customizable beauty subscription service. Click here for my referral link (I get points) or just go to ipsy.com to check it out.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...