Thursday, April 14, 2016

Another crochet round-up.

"Hmmm...addicted to crochet you are." Stop being so judgey, Crochet Yoda.
Hi, all!

So, here we are again with yet another bunch of things I crocheted. Yup. No shame here. There will be another one coming as soon as I get a chance to take some photos.



First up is this koala bear I made for my daughter for Valentine's Day. She's a bit koala obsessed. This pattern from Stitch-Em was easy to follow. The only change I made was to use large button eyes instead of embroidering them. The puffy tail is too cute!


I also made this little heart shaped basket for my daughter. Petals & Picots has an adorable pattern. Instead of doing the X shapes on the sides, I kept mine pretty plain with a double crochet and added a ribbon woven through the spaces. Since I made mine taller I needed more definition in the shape, so I sewed the points at the top and the bottom.


Just purely by happy accident the box of candy hearts I bought for her fits perfectly inside the basket. I couldn't have done that on purpose if I tried!


The next one is near and dear to my little nerdy heart. Lucy Collin has a fabulous Star Wars crochet kit out that's jam-packed with so many fun amigurumi versions of all the best characters from the older films. She's currently working on another Star Wars book and I sooooo cannot wait to get my hands on it.


Of course my first one was Yoda, but he needed a buddy. Lucy has her Salacious Crumb pattern up for free on her blog. I think if I had it to do over again, I would have used safety eyes rather than embroidering them. I'm really terrible at embroidery. Obviously.


This next one is the first big project I've tackled. My daughter wanted me to make her a sweater, so I let her pick out the colors she wanted. I had some issues with this pattern. I ended up making so many changes. The original pattern is Lion Brand Yarns Next Generation Crewneck Pullover. I'm sure the problems happened because I'm new at this. I'm still trying to figure a lot of stuff out.


One thing I did differently was to stop sewing before I reached the end of the sleeves. Even though I measured everything carefully, the sleeve's end was too tight for my daughter to put her hand through it.


She is able to roll it up and it stays cuffed.


The neck hole ended up being way too big, so I went around it a few times with a double crochet stitch and just for fun I chain stitched a ribbon that I wove through and made a bow. I definitely wouldn't put a drawstring on a small child's sweater though. That seems like it could be dangerous. Right?!?


Sewing the sleeves into the body was a bit tricky for me. I had to make adjustments to that, as well. I also had to add on to the bottom of the sweater. I guess she grew a lot from the time I originally measured her to the time I finished it. Random growth spurts are fun!


Have you given crochet a try? If so, I'd love to see what you've done.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...