Friday, November 20, 2015

Beauty Blast: November ipsy Glam Bag



Hey, all!
How was your Halloween? Mine was a bit nuts. We did a lot of activities and had a party. I went as Mavis from Hotel Transylvania. I didn't get a good picture, of course.  It just gave me a really good excuse to get stripy tights and canvas high tops. #winning

Since then, I got my November ipsy bag! Woot! Woot! This bag is so daggon cute! Seriously. Look how cute it is! November's theme is Beauty Blast. I like pretty much everything I got, so in no particular order here we go.

1. tre'StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig - I really, really like these Mini Crayons. I got the Shadow Crayon in June and enjoyed that, as well.



It's creamy, comfortable, long lasting, and doesn't really smell like anything. The shade that I received is very much what I'm into right now. It's one of those nude-ish shades that goes with any eye look.
(Mini Trios $32. Sample Value $10.67)


2. Mai Couture Blush Papier in Sicily - How cool is this?!?! I'll be the first to admit that it's a bit gimmicky, but it's just sooooo cool!


It's thin sheets of paper with blush on them. Think blotting sheets infused with powder. Super travel-friendly.


I was able to get three uses out of one sheet. I did use a big, fluffy brush to blend it out on my cheeks, but you could use your fingers in a pinch. This shade is a warm shimmery bronze.
(Full Size $17.50. Sample Size 3.50)



3. Coolway Stronghold Spray - I think ipsy believes I use hairspray a lot more often than I actually do. Fun fact: I still have every hairspray ipsy has sent me. Really, the only time I need hairspray is when it's time for my daughter's dance recitals. And then I go for something that sets like cement. That being said, this one's a bit different. It can be used with wet or dry hair. And it smells like Froot Loops. It seems to work well. And I really like Froot Loops. So #winning. Again. If it matters to you, this has a pump instead of aerosol. Some people care about stuff like that.
(Full Size $19.95. Sample Size $3.02)


4. Beaute Basics Gel Eyeliner in Navy with Gel Eyeliner Brush - This one is a bit mixed for me. The color is gorgeous.


I'll give you a minute to appreciate that blue. Dat blue doe!


This liner sets to a matte finish, however it is not smudge-proof. It was very easy to work with and is super creamy with a great color payoff.


However, this brush...that's after one use. I used it to swatch the liner, tried to wipe it off, and that happened. As you can tell from the swatch, the lines are thick and uneven. The brush is a total throwaway. When I tried the liner on my eyes, I just used a brush that I already owned.
(Value $9.99)


5. Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black - I'm too lazy for this mascara. I really am. It takes forever to build it up to look like anything at all. It didn't flake or smudge on me, but that's about all I can say for this. I'm hoping it'll get better when it dries out a bit. Some do that, you know.
(Full Size $20.00. Sample Size $5.34)


The bag - It's a pink and purple galaxy!!! I'm in love!


The grand total for this bag is $32.52. I'm happy with it. If you're interested in signing up, ipsy is a $10/month customizable beauty subscription service. Click here for my referral link (I get points) or just go to ipsy.com to check it out.

Love,

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your Ipsy bag reviews! I've thought about signing up but (who am I kidding) I'm such a creature of habit and the products I use, I've used for years so it'd probably be a waste. Although in a few years, with 4 granddaughters, those products would surely be put to good use! ;) Thanks for sharing Tabitha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...