|Beauty Candy, indeed!|
It's ipsy time again! Love it! I really do still get so excited when I see that gorgeous pink envelope/package thingy in the mail. Every. Time!
This month's bag was full of winners! I loved everything in it (except one and that one was just okay). The theme of the month is "Beauty Candy" and most of this stuff certainly qualifies.
In order of favorites:
1. Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Shadow Powder in Esmerelda - Oh em gee!!! This shadow is gorgeous, darling! Just gorgeous! The colors mix into a beautiful metallic duo-chrome taupe.
For a subtle look, the eye shadow can be used dry, but use it with a wet brush for some serious impact. There are six shades available. (Value $3.99)
|Taupe-y: Dry on the left, wet on the right.|
|Silvery: Dry on the left, wet on the right. (This looks more silver in person.)|
2. Ayres Patagonia Body Butter - I'm not that into body creams, lotions, or butters, really. I tend to use oils because everything else seems to take too long to work into my skin and I'm lazy. For realz. For this, however, I will make an exception. This body butter really is lovely. It has a yummy herbal scent that reminds me of the good gift shops in Colonial Williamsburg, VA that sells the old fashioned soaps. Good memories. This is a travel size sold in a pack of three. There's also a large jar available. (Travel pack value $15.00, Large jar value $28.00, Sample value $5.00)
|Just in case you didn't know what cream looks like.|
3. Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure - I love a good lip gloss, and this is a really good lip gloss. It has great pigmentation, excellent staying power, and it smells like vanilla cupcakes. It has the same texture as MAC Lipglass and Avon Glazewear, so if you don't like that level of stickiness, you might not like this, but I loooooove it. The stickiness lets the gloss stay around for a bit longer, so fewer touch-ups are needed.
|Love this color!|
4. ECRU New York Acacia Protein BB Cream Beauty Balm for Hair - When I saw that I had received a BB cream for my hair, I rolled my eyes. I'm sooooo over the whole BB cream thing. And then I had to take that eye roll back because this stuff rocks. I used it on my air-dried hair on a rainy day and my husband couldn't get over how good my hair looked. My hair is thick and naturally wavy and it frizzes so easily. On a day like yesterday, my hair would have been huge. This BB cream turned it into a good hair day effortlessly. It left my hair soft and touchable and, most importantly, frizz free!!! And it smells so good! I would definitely buy more. (Value $12.00)
|Smells so good!|
5. Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths - Okay, now we've come to the one thing I was totally "meh" about. Let's discuss the good parts first. The cloths are self-foaming. You just rub them together to create some lather. They are refreshing. They did a decent job of removing my makeup. They are cruelty free. You don't have to rinse your face afterwards.
Now for the not-so-good parts. They stung my eyes a bit and left my skin feeling a bit dried out. My skin was oddly tacky to the touch, but my face actually felt tight. I'll still use them, but probably only while travelling or in emergencies. And with a good moisturizer. (Full size value $15.00, Sample size value $5.00)
|I wanted to love this.|
The bag - This month's bag is a quilted style teal vinyl with a nylon lining. Teal is one of my favorite colors, so I'm pretty happy about this one.
If you already get ipsy, what did you get this month?