Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Denim Skirt From Cutoff Jeans

Denim math: 1 Pair of Jeans = 1 Pair of Shorts + 1 Skirt


Iron Craft time again! This challenge was "Denim" and I'm sure you can guess what that means. I had to sew. Well, really it means that we had to make something from denim, but to me it meant sewing. And, yes, I poked myself repeatedly with the needle. And, yes, I'm still terrified of my sewing machine, so this was done by hand.

My daughter has hit a growth spurt, so several pairs of her jeans still fit her around the waist, but are way too short. I decided to cut off a pair, naturally. I was left with the two legs and being the craft hoarder that I am, I kept them. When this challenge was issued, I was prepared (for once).

No making fun of my sewing skills!

The denim is stretchy, which I think is probably pretty important in this project. All I did was cut the seams as close as I could get, which left me with two squares and only two seams to sew. I left a bit of a vent area at the bottom of the back. I then sewed a seam at then top and then sewed a piece of elastic at the back and two darts at the front.

She thinks she's a supermodel.

Always posing for the camera.

I really, really need to learn how to use my sewing machine.


5 comments:

  1. She is so gorgeous and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also cut my jeans and transform them into short shorts. Especially those outdated jeans. The little girl shows what fabulous means by the way. She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, she's certainly well on her way to being a supermodel! She's beautiful! I love what you did with the jeans. What a great idea. Why are you afraid of your sewing machine? I ask because I'm afraid too but I have an unusual fear of the needle going up & now so fast ... I have visions of it going thru my fingers ... is that weird? LOL ;) Good job Tabitha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to try these for my little girl, she would love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...