Iron Craft's feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! this week. The challenge was to do something with heat - either representing heat or something to beat the heat. Well, it's plenty hot around here, so I decided to beat the heat with my super fruity sorbet. There's no ice cream machine needed for this one.
Super Fruity Sorbet
(makes approx. 7 cups - 14 servings - 77 calories per serving)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small pan, make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water and heating it until the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice the bananas and toss them into a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the simple syrup into the blender.
- Pulse or blend on low until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for two or three hours. Mix the semi-frozen sorbet with a fork. Freeze overnight.
- Nom, nom, nom.
This is a very sweet sorbet, so feel free to cut back on the sugar. To make the simple syrup, just make sure that your water to sugar ratio is equal.
|Straight out of the freezer.|
|In a sundae glass. (This is about three servings.)|
|In a sundae glass with super yummy toppings.|
|Single serving size...with whipped topping. Yum!|
Enjoy! I know I am.