Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Peeps! (a headband and a craft fail)

Peeps bunny headband slide


When the Iron Craft Peeps Challenge was issued, I knew just what I'd do. Peeps Pops! They were adorable...in my mind. In reality? Er...more on that later. So I had to come up with a back up project. I whipped up this Super Simple headband using felt, a brown fabric marker, card stock, and a super strong glue stick.  I also used a pair of scissors, Made's Peeps Bunny template, and a plastic gold headband.


First, I printed out the template at 25% on card stock. I cut it out and cut out another piece to make a strap for the back of the bunny that holds it onto the headband. I used the template and cut a piece of felt and then glued the felt to the card stock. I then glued the strap to the back of the bunny. I used a fabric marker to make the face. The bunny just slides onto the headband, so can be removed easily after Easter.

She'll model for Peeps...real or felt.

 Now for the Peeps Pops. Out of the dozen I did, these were the cutest. Yeah...

Even sprinkles can't save these.

...and here's the whole Peeps Bunny family in all their lumpy, leaning, unfortunate chocolate nether regions glory.

Peeps Bunny family photo

On the plus side, they were delicious!


4 comments:

  1. You know I always think dipping things in chocolate looks so easy & then I tried making cake pops. I am not made to dip things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice backup plan. I wish that I had known about that template--I sure could have used it. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggghhhh she has my heart! Those peeps pops looks yummy! Awesome hair band!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with kat on this one. I never have luck dipping things in chocolate. I'm not sure what it is, but I always end up with a mess! Bakerella makes it look so easy when she's doing her cake pops, but it never works out that way for me.

    I love the headband idea! My wheels are turning now, you could easily do this for any holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...